- Thursday, June 15
It’s a bank holiday in Poland (Corpus Christi, Boże Ciało). The Catholic church organizes in each parish huge outdoor procession (in many places in Poland car traffic is stopped during the procession).
Stores, malls, shopping centers are closed, only some smaller local convenience stores can be open (eg. Żabka). You can do basic shopping at gas stations. June 15 starts another so-called long weekend in Poland (długi weekend).
Museums, galleries, gardens that are open on Thursday, June 15:
- Warsaw Zoo is open every day from 9 am
- Copernicus Science Centre. Buy online tickets to skip the line;)
- Chopin Museum (Powiśle)
- Center for Contemporary Art – Ujazdowski Castle (free entrance on Thursdays)
- Viewing Platform on the 30th floor of the Palace of Culture and Science
- Botanical Garden in Powsin
- Dollhouse Museum in the Palace of Culture
- Birthplace of Chopin, Museum in Żelazowa Wola (about 60 km from Warsaw). In the Museum, on Thursday, there will be “Music Quarters” – 2 short piano recitals performed by students of music schools, 12 pm, and 2 pm. You don’t need an additional ticket, just the entry ticket to the Museum. The concert room fits 30 visitors
- Thursday – Saturday, June 15 – 17
City/railway model exhibition at National Stadium
Location: PGE Stadion Narodowy, gate no. 1, Aleja Zieleniecka Street, 10 am – 8 pm. Kids up to 3 free entrance. Regular ticket 23 PLN. Reduced ticket (kids, students, seniors 65+, disabled people) 19 PLN. Family ticket (2 adults + minimum 2 kids) 18 PLN per person. You can buy tickets online or onsite. Click here to visit the website (in Polish).
- Friday, June 16
Regular working day, however, many schools are closed and people usually take a day off.
“Concert under the Stars” – Cosmic Impressions
Location: Planetarium in Copernicus Science Center, Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie 20 Street (Powiśle), 7 pm (45 minutes). Classical music concert, enhanced with visualizations on the planetarium dome. Click here to buy tickets online, and here to read more in English.
- Saturday – Sunday, June 17-18
Chopin music piano concerts
Location: Birthplace of Frederic Chopin Museum in Żelazowa Wola (about 60 km from Warsaw). Saturday and Sunday at 12 pm and 3 pm. You don’t need an additional ticket, just the entry ticket to the Museum. The concert room fits 30 visitors. Please click here to learn our tips in English on visiting Żelazowa Wola.
Warsaw Fashion Street
Location: Krakowskie Przedmieście Street, next to Royal Square (Plac Zamkowy), free entrance, 12 pm – 8 pm. On Sunday, 1 pm – 2.30 pm, there will be a children’s fashion show. Click here to read more in Polish.
- Sunday, June 18
Outdoor Chopin music piano recitals
Location: Łazienki Garden, at the Chopin Monument (more convenient entrance to the Park from Aleje Ujazdowskie Street). 2 concerts: 12 pm and 4 pm, free entrance. Click here to learn our tips on visiting Łazienki Garden, and here to read more about the concerts at Łazienki website (in English).
- King Jan’s Festival at Wilanów Palace, Sunday, June 18
10 am – 3 pm.
The Museum workers in historical clothing and with reconstructed traditional gardening tools will work in the Park (they will answer questions regarding their work, plants that grew 300 years ago in the Palace Park, etc.).
Games in the Royal Gardens (at the Park)
10 am – 5 pm.
Court games, like petanque/boules, draughts/checkers, blind man’s bluff, learning the court dances, for kids there will be available wooden and plush creative toys.
Pantomime scenes and concerts (at the Palace)
10 am – 5.45 pm.
While visiting the royal chambers, there will be a chance to meet Queen Marysieńka, court ladies, and servants.
Arts & crafts workshop for kids (at the Coach House – Wozownia)
10.30 am – 2.30 pm.
Making dolls dressed in costumes.
Harpsichord baroque concert for children (at the Palace)
11 am – 12 pm.
Concert (with Polish speaking host) dedicated to kids 6-9 years old. Click here to buy tickets (English interface available), and here to read details in Polish.
Guided tour in English (at the Palace)
12.30 pm – 2 pm. Meeting point at the cloakroom.
Workshop – creating baroque wigs (at the Coach House – Wozownia)
3 pm – 5.30 pm
“Gallery of Live Paintings” (at the Palace Courtyard)
5 pm – 5.45 pm. Actors and participants of the theater workshops will be performing scenes inspired by the paintings from the Palace.
- June 15 – 18 at Powsin Botanical Garden
Click here to learn our tips on visiting the Powsin Botanical Garden.
“Mysterious Insect World” Photo Exhibition. The exhibition is open daily until June 28. Location: “Natura et Ars” Gallery in Educational and Conference Center (Centrum Edukacyjno-Konferencyjne, building in the section of Garden behind the greenhouses, hall no. 3).
“Garden of Flavors” Family Picnic, 10 am – 6 pm. There will be a chance to buy and taste local fruits and vegetables, as well as Polish food, and learn from a beekeeper about honey, bees, beehives.
Science Picnic, 10 am – 7 pm
“Garden of Flavors” Family Picnic, 10 am – 6 pm. There will be a chance to buy and taste local fruits and vegetables, as well as Polish food. 12 pm – 2 pm: soap bubbles.
Outdoor Piano Festival “Music Among Flowers” (at Fangorówka Gallery). 2 piano recitals: 2 pm and 3 pm.
(the events don’t require additional tickets, just entry ticket to the Garden)
Breakfast Markets in Warsaw (Targ Śniadaniowy)
- Breakfast Market is a weekend picnic where you can buy local, international, and organic food, and rent a picnic blanket. Free entrance. In Mokotów and Żoliborz, there are kids zones: paid inflatable playgrounds and free workshops for kids (this weekend – workshop for little gardeners: planting plants and learning first aid). Click here to read in English about the idea of Breakfast Markets.
- Saturday, June 17
Żoliborz, aleja Wojska Polskiego 1 Street (corner of Śmiała Street), 9 am – 4 pm.
Praga, Skaryszewski Park (entrance from Zieleniecka Street), 10 am – 5 pm.
Powiśle, Museum of Modern Art / Museum on the Vistula Pavilion, Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie 22 Street, 12 pm – 3 pm.
- Sunday, June 18
Mokotów, Skwer Imienia Grupy AK “Granat” (corner of Puławska and Woronicza Street), 10 am – 5 pm.
Other ideas for the long weekend
- Visit the art exhibition: “Dali versus Warhol” (Dali kontra Warhol) in the Palace of Culture and Science (4th floor, entrance from Marszałkowska Street). It’s open EVERY DAY, 9 am – 7 pm. Click here to buy tickets online (you can switch to English interface), and here to read more about the exhibition (website in Polish).
- Go to Multimedia Fountain Park. Location: Skwer Dywizji 1 (city center), free entrance. Fountains operate every day from 8.30 am until 10.30Â pm. Multimedia shows (30 minutes, lights, laser display, and music) on Friday and Saturday at 9.30 pm. Click here to read more in English.
- Visit the Viewing Platform on the 30th floor of the Palace of Culture and Science and admire Warsaw by night. It’s open every day 10 am – 8 pm, and during summertime, the platform is open additionally on Fridays and Saturdays until 11.30 pm. Click here to read more in English.
- Try kayaking in Skaryszewski Park. Click here to read our tips in English.
- Explore the Vistula. Click here to read about Vistula cruises options and free ferries. And click here to learn about 10 Attractions along the Vistula.
- Go on a walk:) Warsaw has so many great parks and gardens open during holidays. Click here to learn our tips on Warsaw parks and gardens.
Public Transport & Parking Zone in Warsaw
- Public transport Thursday, June 15: holiday timetable
- Public transport Friday, June 16: Saturday timetable
- Warsaw Paid Parking Zone: FREE Thursday, June 15 – Sunday, June 18 (despite the fact that June 16 is a working day)